Can you spot the difference? Australian makeup artist recreates Ariana Grande’s stunning album cover – and you won’t believe how much the transformation cost
- Brookelle Mckenzie is a makeup artist on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland
- She has recreated Ariana Grande’s album cover for No Tears Left To Cry
- The two artists have similar platinum hair in the picture and facial features
- But the total cost of transforming herself with powders and shadows was $714
Brookelle Mckenzie creates stunning makeup looks to suit all kinds of experiences – whether that be a date night look or a vampy Halloween number.
But she truly outdid herself, and showed off her incredible skills, when the 27-year-old from the Sunshine Coast recreated Ariana Grande‘s recent album cover for her hit song No Tears Left To Cry.
On the cover pop star Grande has her newly platinum blonde hair slicked back into a low ponytail and an iridescent rainbow effect shining over her eye area.
Scroll down for video
Can you tell? On the cover pop star Grande has her newly platinum blonde hair slicked back into a low ponytail and an iridescent rainbow effect shining over her eye area
Brookelle, who naturally has blonde hair, posed in the exact same way with an identical colour scheme – she even made the identical rainbows herself using shadows.
For reference, Brookelle is on the left and Grande is positioned on the right in the photo above.
‘This is my recreation of Ariana’s album cover, using only makeup to achieve the “rainbow light” covering her face,’ she wrote on Instagram.
The new look! Ariana sported her platinum locks at the annual Coachella festival
She even listed the 22 make up products it took to produce the desired effect – and they’re not cheap (Brookelle pictured)
‘I really hope you guys like it, particularly after it took me maneuvering and bending my arm 10 different painful ways to take this of myself.’
She even listed the 22 make up products it took to produce the desired effect – and they’re not cheap.
DIY: How to recreate Ariana Grande’s iconic album cover
- The Sugarpill pressed eye shadows in suburbia, velocity, midori, mochi, flamepoint and acidberry are approximately $16.95 each, which totals $101.70.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills shadows in sphere and eden are part of the Prism palette which costs $42.
- BH cosmetics festival palette using the shades dippie, hippie and palooza costs $18, but is currently sold out online.
- MAC cosmetics pro longwear concealer in nc25 is $42.00 and can be purchased from Myer.
Brookelle showed her followers this look at a recreation of Ariana Grande’s cover
- Clinique beyond perfecting foundation in golden neutral costs significantly more at $52.
- Tarte cosmetics shape tape contour concealer in light sand and light medium cost $37 each, so $74 in total.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills brow powder in blonde is $41 from Sephora and brow gel in caramel ($40) and clear ($38) totals $119.
- Australis Cosmetics pressed powder is a little cheaper at $13.95 and the Iconic London cream contour kit is almost five times the price at $69.
- Face of Australia loose translucent powder is $11.75 from Big W.
- House of Lashes siren pair cost approximately $12 each.
- Kat Von D lip liner in d-minor is $18.
- Fenty Beauty gloss bomb is $30.
- Artist Couture coco bling is $36.
- Morphe brushes 3502 palette using shades fire and ablaze is $34.58.
The impressive list of items comes in at an approximate total of $714.98, which is an eye watering amount for any make up fan to wrap their head around.
But the cost is almost an investment into Brookelle’s work, and she has likely been using many of these products for years.
The impressive list of items comes in at an approximate total of $714.98, which is an eye watering amount for any make up fan to wrap their head around
But the cost is almost an investment into Brookelle’s work, and she has likely been using many of these products for years
Her fans on social media have been busy praising the look, with many mistaking the young woman for Grande herself.
‘WOW this is so amazing! Literally the best makeup artist I follow on Instagram, so talented I am actually shook,’ one follower wrote.
‘I literally can’t tell who is who,’ another added.
- PHOTO: (left) instagram/bodyelectrictattoo; (ri...
- PHOTO: (left) instagram/piercersuzanne; (right)...
- Piercing experts share the most-requested pierc...
- Brown lipstick and butterfly clips&nb...
- PHOTO: istockphoto Consider your ear piercing a...