The only mermaid makeup tutorial you need this Halloween
Makeup artist Julia Dantas shows us how to transform into this super glam siren of the sea.
We may have hit peak mermaid. Over the last few years, these beloved underwater enigmas have inspired oceanic ombre toast, whimsical churros, knitted blankets that double as tails, themed fitness classes and epic costumes from celebs like Kim Kardashian and Mariah Carey. But the mermaid obsession dates back to ancient folklore and mythology and few can resist their charms, so why should you this Halloween? Siren style is versatile, low-maintenance and enchanting for all genders, if you wanna make a splash as a Merman as well.
And whether you’re planning on going full Ariel or channeling a darker, more mysterious iteration, this ultra glam tutorial from makeup artist Julia Dantas has got you covered. Start off with a little concealer and cream to give your skin a fresh, dewy look and then apply a few bold shades with hints of shimmer to the eyes for a bright burst of colour. The coolest part of this tutorial? It uses a hairnet to achieve a metallic, scaled aesthetic that’ll cement your status as a creature of the sea. Complete the transformation by adding gems and sequins that give off a real magical aura and make your features shine.
Julia used the following products for this tutorial:
- Mac Strobe Cream
- Maybelline “Fit Me” Foundation
- LA Girl Pro Concealer
- RCMA Setting Powder
- Makeup Forever Flash Palette
- BH Cosmetics Blush
- Morphe x Jaclyn Hill Palette
- Colourpop “Dope Taupe” Brow Pot
- BH Cosmetics Carli Bybel Deluxe Palette
- Dollar Store Gems
- Half Inch Sequins Rounds
- KOKO Lashes “Queen B”
- KatVonD Liquid Lipstick “Ayesha”
- PHOTO: (left) instagram/bodyelectrictattoo; (ri...
- PHOTO: (left) instagram/piercersuzanne; (right)...
- Piercing experts share the most-requested pierc...
- Brown lipstick and butterfly clips&nb...
- PHOTO: istockphoto Consider your ear piercing a...