18 Fashion Week Manicurists Who Legit Nailed It This Season
Incorporating runway trends into our daily lives can get tricky, but this season some of the most epic styles we spotted on the catwalk came in the form of nail art. Now, more than ever, designers are recruiting top manicurists to deck out digits. So before your next mani, check out the most in-demand nail artists who are dominating the industry. Their feeds are chock-full of inspo and A-list clientele to inspire your next appointment.
A post shared by NAILS by MEI (@nailsbymei) on
1. @nailsbymei: NYC-based Mei Kawajiri has become the fashion world’s most-imitated “nail sculptor.” Case in point, these crystal-embellished, monochromatic creations were worn on The Blonds runway.
A post shared by Tracylee Int’l Nail Artist (@luxebytracylee) on
2. @luxebytracylee: For Rodarte’s show, Tracy Lee used blinged-out “cuticle jewelry” that ranged from metallic polish and glitter to micro-sized chains that mirrored the collection.
3. @naominailsnyc: Graphic nails by Naomi Yasuda were front-and-center at Opening Ceremony. Designs included straight black lines coupled with a primary color palette.
@essiepolish Look 1 of 2 for the @tanyataylor presentation today! The mural nail look was inspired by ribbons of fabric that was in the set’s art installation #essienyfw Shades used: Allure, Between the Seats, and Fifth Avenue. Ph: @emmazzing
A post shared by Julie Kay 🔹Beauty & Travel (@julieknailsnyc) on
4. @julieknailsnyc: “Mural nails” by Julie Kandalec complemented Tanya Taylor’s runway display. The whimsical style uses multicolored, wavy swipes on nude nail bases.
🔮 SACHIN + BABI 🔮 Gorgeous beauty today at @sachinandbabi. Nails were painted with two coats of ‘Sophisticate’ by @dermelect. We then added a metallic silver foil French tip and sealed it with their long-wearing topcoat, ‘Memento’ Thank you to my awesome team @thenailmom and @nichole_wills for all your hard work! ❌⭕️❌⭕️ 📷: @carissalancaster . . . . @lmcworldwide #sachinandbabi #dermelectxnyfw #geraldineholford #foilnails #nailart #frenchmanicure #theshows #nyfw #fashionweek #ss18
A post shared by Geraldine Holford 💅🏼 (@geraldineholford) on
5. @geraldineholford: Nail artists went wild giving the classic French manicure some fashionable edge. Geraldine Holford applied silver foil tips over a light gray base to bring a bit of metallic madness.
A post shared by Alicia Torello (@aliciatnails) on
6. @aliciatnails: Alicia Torella went for minimalist, geometric designs at fashion week this year. The nail maven painted abstract looks, from stripes at Dior to cubist creations for Christian Louboutin.
A post shared by Madeline Poole (@mpnails) on
7. @mpnails: Monse’s models sported dipped, gradient manicures by Madeline Poole.
A post shared by Rita Remark (@ritaremark) on
8. @ritaremark: Stripes, negative space, and monograms are three re-creatable nail art trends that Rita Remark revived for next season. Get ready to spot the “Monogrammed Letterman Jacket” nail trend on every A-lister.
✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨Celebrating @itsjeremyscott amazing 20th Anni with a whole lot of color, sparkle and fabulous friends! The 💅 look features @cndworld Vinylux in Hot Pop Pink and an electric orange Creative Play Shade coming Summer 2018. Plus a pound of glitter!!!! 💖So if you scroll through, you’ll see l I wasn’t going to let the models have all the fun. ✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨Styled by THE LEGEND @carlynecerfdedudzeele👸🏼 Hair by wizard @eugenesouleiman Make up by magician @kabukinyc #dreamteam #jeremyscott #cndcreativeambassador #cndvinylux #ad #nyfw #✨
A post shared by Miss Pop (@misspopnails) on
9. @misspopnails: The NYC-based editorial nail artist known as Miss Pop made eye-catching looks for Jeremy Scott. Gigi Hadid walked the runway wearing this orange hue with glitter galore.
A post shared by Jin Soon Choi (@jinsoonchoi) on
10. @jinsoonchoi: For Tibi’s show, Jin Soon Choi painted diagonal stripes on bare accent nails. Her cool-girl aesthetic used natural-looking base coats to add modern stripes to Vera Wang’s presentation as well.
A post shared by deborah lippmann (@deborahlippmann) on
11. @deborahlippmann: Nude nails at Badgley Mischka continued to dominate our feeds with the help of Deborah Lippmann and her eponymous line. The legend also debuted a brand new shade of gray this year, made in collaboration with Jason Wu.
One of my fav looks @zoyanailpolish and I designed for @sachinandbabi NYFW loved the color combo palette the designers and I selected to create “Bombay Nights” “Courtney” tip color and “Brooklyn” base coat. Order your colors today and recreate this at home or visit me at @sallyhershbergernyc to get this and other runway inspired nail looks.
A post shared by Naomi Gonzalez (@naomigonzaleznails) on
12. @naomigonzaleznails: This fab, burgundy-hued pigment chosen by Naomi Gonzalez for Sachin + Babi is about to be everywhere this spring.
Custom press ons for @francescaliberatoreofficial. Patricia Lacquer in Stardust a rose gold metallic to compliment the bronze finish on the skin. Negative space semi-circle to highlight the mechanical prints in her collection. Gorgeous! #nyfw #nyfwnails #fashionweek #rickysnyc #patricianaillacquer #pattieyankeemanibar #designer #style #trends #runway #models
A post shared by Pattie Yankee (@pattieyankee) on
13. @pattieyankee: Pattie Yankee’s rose gold base coats coupled with minimal cuticles lent a futuristic feel to Francesca Liberatore’s print-filled collection. Who doesn’t love sparkly, metallic manis?
A post shared by Michelle Saunders (@_michellesaunders) on
14. @_michellesaunders: This nail artist created geometric designs for Rebecca Minkoff in dark metallic shades that are sure to be copied. Michelle Saunders dubbed the avant-garde aesthetic “girly grunge.”
A post shared by Holly Falcone (@hollyfalconenails) on
15. @hollyfalconenails: NYC/LA-based Holly Falcone unveiled the next generation of the French mani. Exposed cuticle half-moons and metallic silver tips are almost too chic to handle.
More nails from @officiallibertine #nyfwss18 #cndatfashionweek 🙌🏻 Key nail artist: Heather Reynosa @nailsinhd – looks shown created by @winnieisawesome and @traceyleenails 🙌🏻❤️#nailsinhd #dopenails #nyfw #nailswag
A post shared by Heather Reynosa-Davis (@nailsinhd) on
16. @nailsinhd: CND’s HBIC, Heather Reynosa, brought out the most OTT trend of the year for Libertine. These sculptural works of art push the limit for 3D nail design.
One of the beautiful sets from the @fentyxpuma fashion show by @badgalriri Of course it doesn’t hurt that you have the perfect model @adrianalima wearing them. #yn #ynmentor #youngnails #youngnailsinc #youngnailsmentor #fentyxpuma #naileducation #nails #nailed #nails💅 #nailedit #nailsonfleek #nailsdone #nailsofinstagram #fashionshow #fashionails
A post shared by Young Nails Inc (@youngnailsinc) on
17. @youngnails: The line Young Nails was worn at the Fenty X Puma show, as seen here on model Adrianna Lima. Hot pink is officially here to stay.
18. @imarninnails: Major nail goals are happening on Imarni Nails’ IG page. It’s totes worth a follow for fashion-friendly nail-spiration.
- Everett Collection / Buena Vista Pictures/Court...
- Getty / Mint Images Getty Images/iStockp...
- Wait, you aren’t already curating your ear? Kid...
- Getty / Jeremy Moeller The itch to change it up...
- Instagram @vildesaandvikReady for a nostalgia h...